For nearly three decades, Windle Trust International has forged formidable scholarship partnerships with a number of UK universities to provide postgraduate opportunities to young people who will provide leadership and professional skills in African societies recovering from the devastating effect of protracted wars and conflicts. Each year, on average, about 18-20 scholars come to the UK to study for one-year taught masters programmes.
A scholarship usually includes the following:
- Return airfare to and from the United Kingdom
- Pre-university orientation on arrival in Oxford on issues such as adapting to life in the UK and dealing with culture shock, managing finances, study methods and accessing health care in the UK as well as practical scholarship arrangements
- Fully paid/waived overseas student tuition fees
- Maintenance (upkeep) stipend for the entire period (12 months) of study
- Leadership training and coaching programme
- Themed Conference and Workshop in January and July respectively on issues relevant to students and the challenges they face on return such as CV writing, job searching and interview skills
- Visits and pastoral support during the course of the studies
Former students are actively encouraged to stay in touch with us and become an active member of the alumni association.
Read more about our current partner universities.
If you are interested in finding out more about our criteria and selection process please go to our how to apply page.